Football Sixes Code of Conduct
1. Play by the rules.
2. Be fair always no matter what the outcome.
3. Know and obey the laws of the game.
4. Work for the good of the team.
5. Accept the decisions of the officials with good grace.
6. Be generous when your team wins.
7. Be graceful when your team loses.
8. Believe in the honesty of your opponents.
9. Never encourage, condone or participate in any activities that may intentionally injure players/spectators/officials, or damage soccer facilities.
10. Develop and encourage an appreciation of the game of soccer.
11. Never argue with an official. If you disagree, have your captain, coach or manager approach the official or the competition manager during a break or after the game.
12. Control your temper, Verbal abuse, sledging, intimidation or threats made of other players, coaches or spectators or officials and, deliberately distracting or provoking or harassing an opponent or any sort of violence are not acceptable or permitted behaviours in this competition.
13. Work equally hard for yourself and/or your team. Your team's performance will benefit and so will you.
14. Be a good sport. Applaud all good plays whether they are made by your team or the opposition.
15. Treat all participants in the game as you like to be treated. Do not bully, sledge or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
16. Cooperate with your coach, team mates, opponents and officials. Without them there would be no competition.
17. Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit, not just to please parents and coaches.
18. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
19. Loud constant arguing and swearing within your own team with other teams and with officials is not tolerated in this competition. Teams will be suspended if they continue to behave in this manner.
20. Constant questioning of every decision made by official will not be tolerated. If you are concerned with the referees conduct please inform roaming official or competition manager.
21. Players or team who are violent during a game will be expelled from the competition and the incident will be reported to police.
1. Remember that young people participate for pleasure and winning is only part of the fun.
2. Never ridicule or yell at a young player for making a mistake or not coming first.
3. Be reasonable in your demands on players' time, energy and enthusiasm.
4. Operate within the rules and spirit of football and teach your players to do the same.
5. Ensure that the time players spend with you is a positive experience. All young people are deserving of equal attention and opportunities.
6. Avoid overplaying the talented players; the just average need and deserve equal time.
7. Ensure that equipment and facilities meet safety standards and are appropriate to the age and ability of all players.
8. Display control, respect and professionalism to all involved with football and this Football Sixes outdoor 6 a side competition. This includes opponents, coaches, officials, administrators, the media, parents and spectators. Encourage your players to do the same.
9. Show concern and caution toward sick and injured players. Follow the advice of a physician when determining whether an injured player is ready to recommence training or competition.
10. Obtain appropriate qualifications and keep up to date with the latest coaching practices and the principles of growth and development of young people.
11. Any physical contact with a young person should be appropriate to the situation and necessary for the player's skill development.
12. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
As a spectator, you must meet the following requirements in regard to your conduct during Football Sixes games/competitions:
1. Do not enter the field of play unless permission is given to attend an injured player.
2. Respect the decisions of officials and teach young people to do the same.
3. Never ridicule or scold a young player for making a mistake. Positive comments are motivational.
4. Condemn the use of violence in any form, whether it is by other spectators, coaches, officials or players.
5. Show respect for your team's opponents. Without them there would be no game.
6. Do not use violence, harassment or abuse in any form (that is, do not use foul language, sledge or harass players, coaches, officials or other spectators).
7. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
Parents and Guardians
As a parent/guardian of a player/participant in any activity held by or under the auspices of Football Sixes:
1. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others.
2. Remember that your child participates in sport for their own enjoyment, not yours.
3. Focus on your child's efforts and performance rather than winning or losing.
4. Never ridicule or yell at your child and other children for making a mistake or losing a competition.
5. Show appreciation for good performance and skilful plays by all players (including opposing players).
6. Demonstrate a high degree of individual responsibility especially when dealing with or in the vicinity of persons under the age of 18 years, as your words and actions are an example.
7. Respect officials' decisions and teach children to do likewise.
8. Do not physically or verbally abuse or harass anyone associated with this competition (player, coach, referee and so on).
9. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
10. Be a positive role model.
11. Understand the repercussions if you breach, or are aware of any breaches of, this code of behaviour.
As an -Official/Referee/Employee of Football Sixes, you must meet the following requirements in regard to your conduct during any activity held or sanctioned by Football Sixes, in any role you hold within the Football Sixes competition,:
1. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others.
2. Be fair, considerate and honest in all dealing with others.
3. Be professional in, and accept responsibility for, your actions.
4. Make a commitment to providing quality service.
5. Be aware of, and maintain an uncompromising adhesion to Football Sixes’s terms and conditions, rules, regulations and policies.
6. Operate within the rules of Football Sixes
7. Do not use your involvement with the Football Sixes, to promote your own beliefs, behaviours or practices where these are inconsistent with those of the Football Sixes
8. Demonstrate a high degree of individual responsibility especially when dealing with persons under the age of 18 years, as your words and actions are an example.
9. Avoid unaccompanied and unobserved activities with persons under the age of 18 years, wherever possible.
10. Refrain from any form of harassment of others.
11. Refrain from any behaviour that may bring the Football Sixes into disrepute.
12. Provide a safe environment for the conduct of the activity.
13. Show concern and caution towards others who may be sick or injured.
14. Be a positive role model.
15. Understand the repercussions if you breach, or are aware of any breaches of, this code of behaviour.